Friday, June 6, 2008

Thailand - Malaysia Border




A times I traveling from Kuala Lumpur to Thailand crossing Pangkalan Kubor (Malaysia) and Tak Bai (Thailand) for 2 days. In this border is free tax trading. Every days many people (trader) from Malaysia come to Tak Bai to buying clothing, fruit and vegetable. Because Thailand have very cheap price than Malaysia, included about value of money ( 1 RM = 1000 Bath). For 500 RM you can buy anything here, but I am not buy more. Just buy any pack Thailand cigarette for my friend.

At night before entered Tak bai, I go to night market and here is very cheap too. Clothing, shoes, belt and most Thailand product, and part product from Indonesia likes bed. I buy some watch for my friend, daughter and kids of my friend. Yes I remember them because very supporting me before I go to Malaysia to get Art Residency Program. It is just for thanks giving.

If you want to know, from Malaysia just 30 RM traveling by Bus, 20 RM for taxi,1 RM for shipping, 30 RM for hostel and few RM for shopping if you want. But you must be carefully because Tak Bai is part Patanni is being revolt to Thailand government. There for I am not spending more time here, as that time Thailand has election. Many army in border and surrounding harbor.

This traveling is long time I go out surrounding In west Malaysia. Nice experience and I have story here. But I do not want to tell you now, may be next time. Completed my story in Thailand border. And you know, may be just me Indonesian traveler at that time.

No comments: